We welcome you to attend the 2nd Rhode Island Microbiome Symposium to be held January 14, 2022 at Avedisian Hall at the University of Rhode Island. This symposium is to bring together Rhode Island and other researchers who conduct or are interested in conducting microbiome research. The symposium will include keynote speaker Dr. Alvaro Sanchez (Yale), formal talks from regional researchers, lightning talks for students and postdocs, and a poster session.
The goal of this symposium is to promote microbiome and microbial research in Rhode Island and the Northeast by bringing together researchers from state universities and hospitals who currently work on microbiome research or who are interested in starting microbiome research. We hope this symposium will stimulate networking and result in new collaborations, grant proposals and manuscripts. While the scope is broad to encourage participation, the general focus will be on microbiome research relevant to the State of Rhode Island such as ocean health, aquaculture and precision medicine initiatives.
- Dr. Roxanne Beinart, URI Graduate School of Oceanography
- Dr. Peter Belenky, Brown Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
- Dr. August Guang, Brown COBRE Center for Computational Biology of Human Disease
- Dr. Christopher Hemme, URI RI-INBRE/College of Pharmacy
- Dr. Kathryn Ramsey, URI Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Chris Powers, URI Department of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Laura Bellavia, URI RI-INBRE