In the world of business, careers are no longer linear or predictable. What was once a clearly sign-posted path as you progressed through milestones, a career road map is now circuitous presenting new challenges and opportunities at every bend. Life-long careers in one sector or one company are becoming a rarity as new technologies and shifting social norms disrupt traditional careers. Both employers and employees are seeking more diversity of experience, lifestyle flexibility and alternative paths.
This panel is designed to help you think about your career path and the different options that are open to you. The panel will have an informational interview type feel with panelists sharing their career paths, a look at what their job entails, transferrable skills for those looking to make a change, tips for uncovering opportunities, advice for others, and how to make brave leaps. This panel discussion will be moderated by Elissa Hobert, Senior Scientist at Flagship Pioneering.
– Andy Hurwitz, SVP Head of R&D, Mana Therapeutics
– Tim Kiprono, Senior Associate, Pandion Therapeutics
– Kristine McKinney, Director, Target Biology and Translational Medicine, Arrakis Therapeutics
– Karel Otero-Gutierrez, PhD, Principal Scientist, Eisai US
– Kathy Seidl, VP Immunology, SQZ BioTech
– Lani San Mateo, Head of Product Development for Microbiome Solutions, Johnson & Johnson
Date and Time:
February 10, 2021
4:00-5:30 PM EST
4:05-5:10pm: Panel discussion
5:10-5:30pm: Small group speed networking (2 rounds)
Members, Students, Postdocs: $5; Non-Members: $15
Given our mission is to promote women’s development in STEM we would like to offer a free spot in our workshops to those in transition between jobs or who cannot afford the ticket price. Please contact [email protected] if you qualify.