Discover how to:
- Find Capital
- Get Pitch Ready
- Make the Ask
Taking an idea from concept to product/therapy takes more than a great idea, it takes serious capital. But where do you find it and how do you access it? Finding investors and capital has always a challenge for early-stage enterprises located in Rhode Island. As a result, many successful Rhode Island entrepreneurs raised capital out-of-state and ultimately relocated to follow the capital, contributing to enterprise exodus from the Ocean State. It’s a big challenge that the RI venture community, including RI Bio, have been working to change, and we’re happy to report a lot of progress.
This Innovator Series panel will show you where the money is, discuss what you need to be pitch ready, and offer resources and tips for making the ask. Our panel includes two investors/capital providers and two RI entrepreneurs who have successfully raised capital and launched their businesses/products here.
- Carol Malysz, MBA, Executive Director, RI Bio
- Bongsup Cho, PhD, Program Director, RI-INBRE
- Guy Asadorian, Senior Vice-President and Private Client Advisor, Bank of America
- Dom Messerli, MBA, President & CEO, Lenoss Medical
- Bob Miniutti, Board Member, Kalion Inc. & Member, Cherrystone Angel Group
- Thorne Sparkman, MBA, Managing Director, Slater Technology Fund
- Stevin Zorn, PhD, President & CEO, MindImmune Therapeutics, Inc.