About this Event
A year ago the idea of having several vaccines ready to distribute within a year seemed insurmountable. But science prevailed and the recent development of the SARS-CoV2 vaccine was the fastest in history. Join us to learn how the vaccine’s development has opened a new innovation window that we can learn from for the future – and possibly prevent the next epidemic from becoming a pandemic.
What we’ve learned & what it means for the future.
Our webinar and panel discussion will explore recent achievements and challenges in the development, approval, allocation and distribution of the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine. Hear from industry, scientific and front-line experts on the COVID-19 response and the future of healthcare innovation. Our discussion will focus on new technologies, return-to-work and the health, societal and economic challenges ahead.
- Carol Malysz, Executive Director, RI Bio
- Bongsup Cho, PhD, RI-INBRE
- Michael Elliott, MBBS, PhD, FRACP, Chief Scientific Officer, Immunovant
- Michael Princiotta, PhD, Chief Scientific Officer, EpiVax Therapeutics
- Katie Porter, Business Development Manager, EpiVax, Inc.
- Kerry LaPlante, Pharm.D., FCCP, FIDSA, PHP Department Chair & Professor of Pharmacy, URI & RI DOH Vaccine Committee
- Advait Badkar, PhD, Senior Director, Pfizer