The Rhode Island Israel Collaborative’s mission to drive impactful and lasting transformations in Rhode Island communities is fueled by the bringing together of game-changing innovators across technology, business, government, and academia.
Guided by Founder and CEO Avi Nevel’s expertise in international relationship building and his passion for improving lives through innovation, the RIIC works directly with US and Israeli-based organizations to build partnerships and create programming that opens doors to the worlds of technology innovation and entrepreneurship for all Rhode Islanders. With a particular focus on bringing programming, resources, and opportunities to under-served Rhode Island communities, the RIIC and its partners are building a strong foundation for significant and sustainable personal, professional, and economic growth within the state.
[email protected] is the latest economic development initiative that the RIIC is proud to support.
Thanks to the collaboration between leading tech innovators IBM, Wix, and GigaSpaces, the RIIC is excited to announce the launch of the new Digital Acceleration Hub (DAH) which will accelerate the adoption of new digital services and technology by both enterprises and SaaS startups. As a part of this launch, RIIC will be hosting a launch event at Bryant University on July 20.
Offering two tracks, one designed for Startups the other for Enterprise companies, [email protected] will introduce the new DAH toolkits and resources, and teach participants how to adopt and implement them to “[email protected]” and “[email protected]”.
What Is the purpose of the July 20th event?
The DAH is the result of IBM, Wix, and GigaSpaces joining forces to produce mission critical acceleration solutions for startup and Enterprise IT teams to aid in their development as business growth engines.
Through workshops, presentations, and networking, IT leaders will learn about the capabilities and benefits the DAH offers to their organizations and IT teams. IT leadership will also learn how to begin accessing and implementing these benefits right away.
Who Is [email protected] For?
[email protected] is specifically designed for those charged with helping to lead and shape their organization’s technology capabilities and infrastructure.
But all professionals and students who have an interest in learning how to modernize and accelerate digital service and technology adoption are encouraged to attend.
Primarily, the tracks are designed to support the following roles:
- Head of Business Transformation
- Head of Digital Transformation
- Head of Digital Strategy
- Head of Innovation
- Head of UX
- Head of Data
- Chief Architect
- Enterprise data Architects
- Solution Architect
What Will the Tracks Offer?
The Startup Track
Learn about the joint Wix and IBM tool-kit offering which will provide everything a startup needs to create and deliver innovative products rapidly and at scale.
The joint Wix & IBM offering enables start-ups to grow faster and build smarter:
- Quickly create professional and high-performing custom web apps with Wix
- Combine the speed of the drag-and-drop UI editor with the flexibility of coding with Velo
- Iterate, test and deploy your applications quickly—making key changes with single clicks
- Go-to-market faster with integrated frontend and backend development tools
- Swiftly connect applications for payment, email marketing, booking, commerce, and more using Wix API collection.
- Not to mention—Wix makes a great home for company websites.
- Build Cloud Native products on IBM Cloud with up to $120,000 in Cloud Credits and get access to more than 130 unparalleled services.
- Abstracts the operational burden of building, deploying, and managing workloads in Kubernetes and focuses on source code development with IBM Code Engine.
- Collect, Organize, Analyze Data and Infuse AI with IBM Watson Studio.
- Comply with regulations by using certified products
The Enterprise Track
DAH accelerates the Enterprise digital transformation, speeding up the roll-out of new data services by as much as 10x, as well as speeding iterations on existing services. Combining the power of IBM’s CI pipeline automation with the cutting-edge UX/UI capabilities of Wix, and GigaSpaces’ high-performance in-memory data platform, significant accelerations in time to value can be achieved, along with improved development resource allocation.
In addition, the DAH open platform enables enterprises to incorporate innovative solutions from the start-up ecosystem using a proven, secure, simple, and standardized integration process with legacy systems.
The joint IBM-Wix-GigaSpaces DAH is composed of the following key components:
- Multi-channel business applications (websites, mobile and social) using Wix and Velo coding platform
- Management of business microservices (provided by GigaSpaces)
- Infuse AI and turn data into insights using IBM Cloud Pak for Data
- Low-latency, high throughput, scalable Data Store (provided by GigaSpaces)
- Seamless and open integration with various types of SoR, both on-prem and on hybrid/multi-cloud environments (provided by GigaSpaces & IBM)
- Smart CDC to ensure business continuity even when SoRs are down (provided by IBM)
Who will be speaking?
We are incredibly fortunate to have leading innovators from both Israel and Rhode Island presenting at the DAH launch event.
- Ronen Siman Tov, Head of Strategy & IBM Alpha Zone Accelerators CTO
- Adi Paz, CEO, GigaSpaces
- Yoav Abrahami, Chief Architect and Head of Velo, Wix
- Avi Nevel, Founder, President, and CEO of the Rhode Island-Israel Collaborative
- Ambassador Meron Reuben, Israel Consul General to New England
- Massimo Pezzini, VP Distinguished Analyst and Research Fellow Emeritus, Gartner, and the “Father of DIH”
- Ross Gittel, PhD, President, Bryant University
- Elizabeth M. Tanner, Esq, Director, Department of Business Regulation, State of Rhode Island
- Uri Hayik, CTO & Technology Division Leader, IBM
- Hisham Aharon, CIO, Ocean State Job Lot
- Annette Tonti, Managing Director, RIHub
- Zach Young, East Coast Scouting Manager, State Farm
- Shannon Shallcross, CEO, BetaXAnalytics
- Dr. Jacqueline Saslawski, Director, International Business Program, Lecturer, Department of Management at Bryant University
- John Sullivan Executive Vice President – Chief Information Officer (CIO) Bank of Newport
[email protected] Date and Venue
[email protected] will be held on July 20th, 2022 from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
It is a hybrid event and will offer participants the ability to attend in-person or virtually.
The in-person event will be held at:
The Bello Center, Bryant University
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917
There is no cost to attend, though pre-registration is required.
Attendees can register at: https://www.innovateatscaleconf.com