Get hands-on training for a fast-growing field.
INTRODUCTION TO BIOPHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING
3 Day Course | 8:00am to 4:00pm | Kingston, RI
Study theories and practices
Learn advanced purification methods
Use cutting edge technologies
Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing is a rapidly growing field offering exciting breakthroughs and a chance to make a lasting social impact. Plus, careers in biomanufacturing offer advancement opportunities and job security. This course offers the foundational knowledge individuals will need to take their careers to the next level. It can also be customized for a corporate workforce, tailored to your quality and compliance standards and delivered exclusively to your employees.
- Attain knowledge and achieve proficiency in both upstream and downstream biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Discover the theories the biopharmaceutical industry is built on, as well as the methodologies and principles that underlie the processes of mammalian cell culture and aseptic upstream operations.
- Perform hands-on techniques for growing and maintaining anchorage dependent and suspension cell lines.
- Understand critical parameters involved in aseptic mammalian cell culture within various cell culture vessels including 2 L bioreactors.
- Understand and integrate cell culture methodologies and techniques with performance indicators in order to optimize individual proficiencies.
A PDI/RI Bio Partnership
This class is offered through a partnership with the University of Rhode Island Pharmaceutical Development Institute (PDI) and RI Bio. PDI offers state-of-the-art clean lab operations for hands-on training as well as leading experts in pharmaceutical development, backed by URI’s College of Pharmacy. The facility includes modern classrooms, working labs and fully functional manufacturing spaces.
Who should attend this course?
Course work and laboratory exercises are designed for individuals working in the Biomanufacturing industry, including in roles such as Upstream and Downstream Technicians, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Bioprocess Engineers, Facilities and Plant Operations.
In-person lectures and hands on activities in a simulated Good Manufacturing Practice facility to ensure products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards.
Fill out the form with any questions or to register. Someone will get back to you shortly. Thank you.