New lab skills for your new future.
DEVELOPING LAB SKILLS
A Free, Virtual Course | Starts June 1, 2021
Learn sought-after skills
Open doors to a good, family-sustaining career
Make connections to employers
If you took our Intro to Biotech course and have decided to pursue a biotech career, you’ll need some lab basics to get started. This course will help you develop the important skills for working in a biotechnology laboratory that are sought after by science and tech employers and get you started on the path to an exciting career in life sciences. It includes both instruction and simulation in a gaming type environment.
- Fundamental, virtual training in laboratory techniques used across biotechnology industries
- Demonstrations, instructor-generated modules and student-based simulated training
- Covers micropipetting, making and buffering solutions along with cell culture and basic genetic engineering
- Taught by URI Pharmacy Development Institute
- 8 modules, typically takes 3-4 hours to complete
- Certificate of Completion
- Rapidly growing field with constant breakthroughs
- Nearly 500 bioscience companies in RI & need for skilled professionals rising
- Entry-level salary $37-40K, average annual wage $92
- Completion of Intro to Biotech course
- An interest in science, technology, engineering & math (STEM) fields
- Access to a computer and internet connection
- 18 years old and a RI resident
Fill out the form to register for the Developing Lab Skills course, or if you have questions or contact Martha Langer, Project Manager, RI Bio at 401.258.6085 | [email protected]. Thank you.