Founded in 2013, RI Bio is southeastern New England’s life sciences industry group. We are dedicated to galvanizing collaboration and growth among life sciences companies, hospitals, universities, sources of capital and governmental partners. We convene, advise, and advocate. With the support of our partners, we work to secure resources to support the life sciences community and provide our members with exclusive access to regional/industry news, events, materials and supplies, workspaces, growth partners, training, and more. Join our community today
Board of Directors
- 2013 — Launch of MedMates
- 2014–2015 — Workshop series for startups with over 600 attendees. “For the Love of Entrepreneurship” event at RISD to support the emergence of RI health-tech startup companies. Over 150 attending, 20 startup presentations to a panel of 5 experts and panel discussion with experienced investors on how to raise capital.
- 2016 — Launched Health & Wellness Business Accelerator Program in partnership with the Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG)
- 2017 — Held first Life Sciences EXPO with over 300 attending
- 2017 — Collaborated with SEG on their Health & Wellness Accelerator Program
- 2017 — Launched our partnership with the New England Medical Innovation Center (NEMIC)
- 2018 — Held second Life Sciences EXPO with over 350 attending, and launched new MedMates brand!
- 2018 — Held open house, with 100 in attendance, at our new co-working office in the Innovation District
- 2018 — Awarded Real Jobs RI grant to provide Leadership Development Training to RI Life Sciences organizations
- 2019 — Relaunched and rebranded MedMates to become RI Bio, the official state affiliate for the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
Join RI Bio
Join our community to connect with professionals and companies throughout Southeastern New England.