Improve project leadership skills
Virtual | February 4 – March 25, 2022
Sharpen leadership and vision
Execute on strategic goals
Ensure quality, consistency
In the face of the pandemic and resulting re-imagining of work, organizations had to become more agile, and excellent project management became even more important. RI Bio’s Advanced Project Management Concepts can help managers solve project issues and pave the way for more effective work while managing risk.
Participants will deepen their understanding of key project management concepts to deliver value and create plans to deliver on organizational goals. Topics include an in-depth analysis of agile project management, advanced risk and change management, project Key Performance Indicators calculations, and an overview of MS Project. Participants will also be given sample questions from the CAPM/PMP examinations for review and discussion.
- Session #1 – Friday, Feb. 4th – Agile Project Management = (9:30 AM to 12:00 PM)
- Session #2 – Friday, Feb. 11th – Advanced Project Charter & Advanced Risk Management = (9:30 AM to 12:00 PM)
- Session #3 – Friday, Feb. 18th – Project Scheduling = (9:30 AM to 12:00 PM)
- Session #4 – Friday, Feb. 25th – Advanced Project Terminology & Procurement Management = (9:30 AM to 12:00 PM)
- Session #5 – Friday, March 4th – Executive Presence Skills for Project Managers = (9:30 AM to 12:00 PM)
- Session #6 – Friday, March 11th – MS Project = (9:30 AM to 12:00 PM)
- Webinar – Friday, March 18th – Communication Skills for Project Managers = (12:00 to 1:00 PM)
- Virtual Networking Panel – Friday, March 25th – Project Management Pathways Employer Panel = (12:00 to 1:00 PM)
Participants must attend all six instructor-led sessions and either the webinar or virtual networking session to receive their Project Management Certificate.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Senior managers and senior team leaders with a background in general project management. Participants must live or work in Rhode Island, remote work accepted.
Lecturer, Bryant University
Our course instructor is Robert Massoud with Bryant University. Robert has had a long career in project management, including positions at CVS Health, Fidelity Investments and as the former Chapter President for the Ocean State Project Management Institute. He was recognized by the Bryant University College of Business with the Excellence in Teaching Award, 2020.
Since this training program is sponsored by RI Bio and the RI Department of Labor & Training, workshops are free to RI Bio members. Please fill out the form to save space for yourself or your employees and someone will get back to you shortly. Thank you.